Sunday, April 6, 2008

Masters' Indoor Nationals -JH


While we're waiting on outdoor season to commence, here's a brief report on the Masters' Indoor Nationals.
Since about a year ago, when I decided I was going to try to run in some shorter races, I've had maybe four hamstring pulls, a couple of bouts of tendinitis and chemical burns in both eyes as a result of training. But, hanging in there, I ran the 800m and 4x400m relay in the M50 category.
The 800m is a kind of way-station for me to drop down to the 400m - it's a good workout with a bit less speed required - although that last 200m can have hell to pay. After about 3 months off to let various injuries heal, I ended up taking 2nd in my heat of the 800m, PR'ing by about 4 seconds. Then we threw together a "B" 4x400m relay (pictured above) and took 2nd overall for a silver medal. Great fun!
The Mass Velocity track club took 2nd overall in the scoring in the Nationals. First went to the So Cal Track Club.
The next big even is the Penn Relays, where I hope to run a 4x400, and am now an alternate for a 4x100m.

No comments: